Are you style challenged? Or do you just lack some confidence about how to choose gifts for women? How do you pick perfect presents for the women in your life? You're not alone: it's not always easy to know where to start.
Never fear: we can help you find perfect gifts for your wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother or friend with our 6 step gift giving guide. Also check out our Christmas shopping guide to find gorgeous gift ideas for women (it will be helpful even if it's not Christmas right now).
Let's get dive in ...
1. What does she wear?
If possible (and without being creepy, of course) try to sneak a look at her jewellery collection when she's not around to see what she has in her stash. This is a great way to get an idea of what she likes to wear.
Ask yourself some questions about what you see:
- Are her jewellery pieces generally small and subtle? Or larger and intended to be eye-catching?
- Does she prefer silver jewellery or gold jewellery? Or a mixture?
- Do you see her wearing coloured jewellery or just plain metal jewellery pieces?
- If her jewellery is colourful, is there a dominant colour or type?
- Is there a colour or type of gemstone jewellery she favours?
- Does she have a preferred design theme, for example: flowers, geometric designs, minimalist forms, hearts or flourishes?
- Do you think she has a preference for wearing a particular type of jewellery: necklaces, earrings or rings?
- What specific styles of jewellery does she favour: dangle earrings or stud earrings, chain necklaces or necklaces with pendants, simple stacking rings or bigger cocktail rings?
2. What type of person is she?
A truly special gift
Take a shortcut and find the best possible gift: our solid gold dahlia earrings with matching pendant will make a special gift for a woman you love.
Made entirely in 14ct gold, it's a top quality gift that will last a lifetime and beyond. Shop now.
You'll also find it helpful just to think about the type of person she is when you're choosing a gift:
- Is she unlikely to buy anything special for herself? Can you make up for this?
- Is she outgoing and enjoys attention, or the opposite?
- Is she sentimental and does she like sentimental gifts, such as birthstone jewellery?
- Does she like dressing up to go out?
- Would she enjoy a piece of bolder statement jewellery to wear for special occasions?
3. What does she do?
You can also consider what sorts of things your gift recipient does day-to-day:
- Does she work in a job where she needs to look smart or more casual?
- Is she able to wear jewellery day-in, day-out, or only when going out socially?
- How often does she go out? Special occasions only or more regularly?
- Does she have small children which might make regularly wearing long necklaces or dangly earrings difficult?
- Are there any special occasions coming up which she's likely to dress up for?
- Does she like to wear everyday jewellery and could do with more variety in her wardrobe basics?
4. Phone a friend!
It's a really great idea to ask one of her friends or close family members what they think she might like:
- Has she mentioned any particular items she's been thinking about getting lately?
- What do they think about any gifts you currently have in mind?
- Do they have any clues as to her preferred types of jewellery, ring size, colours, etc.?
5. Got some ideas: now what?
Hopefully answering some of these questions has given you a good starting point to figure out what you'd like to get for your gift recipient.
The best place to start looking for the perfect jewellery gift is our Christmas Shopping Guide. We have all sorts of suggestions to help you pin down the perfect present (even if it's not Christmas when you read this).
Alternatively visit our online jewellery shop and dive in to the entire jewellery range. We're sure you'll find just the thing!
You might also want to check out our articles on what to look for when shopping for Australian jewellery and 5 tips to find the best Australian jewellers.
6. Finishing touches
Once you've chosen the perfect gift, don't forget those little finishing touches that make a difference. Get a gift card to go with the gift and write a heartfelt message on it. Sometimes a meaningful gift card can be the best part of receiving a present from someone special.
Also don't forget the gift wrapping! Unwrapping a gift is a ritual that people love. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but put a little bit of effort in to make your gift that bit more special and exciting.
If you're buying jewellery as a gift from us, we have beautiful and eco-friendly gift cards (with designs from Australian artists). Add a note during checkout and we'll print it inside the card for you.
You can also add our lovely eco-friendly gift wrapping when you checkout.